Thursday, September 4, 2014

Tons of fun

I'm able to post about this now.  It took me a while to come to terms with it, but it was a tough decision for everyone involved.

This is Tessie.  


I got her and her littermates as kittens from a vineyard worker in 2002.  He was going to just turn them loose in the barn to control mice.  I took them from him before he could to get them neutered.  Well, they never left my house.  My folks have the boy of the litter, and I took the girls. 

She had been having behavior problems and peeing on things, so we made the decision to put her down due to kidney problems.  

Papa B buried her for me because I couldn't do it.  To be fair, I buried his cat for him.  

One of the items she peed on was a birthday present for one of Girl C's friends.  Rather than wash it and give it to her anyways, I went to the fabric store to buy more fabric and start the project all over again.  As I was making the first one, I realized that one yard of fabric was not enough, so I doubled it for the second attempt.  The lady cutting my fabric asked me what I was making, and I said a princess cape, but this was the second go at it.  She asked what happened to the first one and I told her the cat had peed on it.  She asked, "Is the cat still alive?"  And, completely deadpan, I said, "No, actually, she's not."  Her face was absolutely horrified, and she sputtered something, trying to get her foot out of her mouth. I smiled, and said that we had to put her down due to kidney problems and that was why she was peeing on things.  

So, on the upside, we're now a cat-fee house and I don't anticipate us having a cat again for a long, long time.  If ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment